When it comes to removing unwanted body hair, laser hair removal treatments are more effective and less time consuming than shaving, waxing, or plucking, and will not result in uncomfortable ingrown hairs or razor burn.
At Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and Laser Center of Maryland, we use the powerful and multi-application LightSheer Desire hair reduction system for precise and long-lasting results.
Located in Hanover, Maryland, Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and Laser Center of Maryland is led by Dr. Ashruf. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how our laser hair removal treatments with the LightSheer Desire can keep your skin silky and smooth.
What is the LightSheer Desire?
Laser hair removal has been gaining popularity for its ability to target unwanted body hair at the source while still maintaining the integrity and health of the skin.
At Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and Laser Center of Maryland, our LightSheer Desire features:
- The gold standard in 805 nm diode laser
- Two handpieces that offer two spot size options for customizable treatment
- Advanced technology ergonomically designed for both patient and technician comfort
- Optimal results for a wide range of skin types
- An advanced graphic user interface for seamless, easy treatment of the face, underarms, arms, legs, back, chest, and bikini areas.
How Does the LightSheer Desire Work?
This comfortable treatment begins with cooling the skin. Then, the skin is compressed and a laser beam is applied, targeting the pigment in hair follicles. The laser energy is non-ablative, meaning it penetrates beneath the skin without damaging or injuring the surface. The laser energy then converts to gentle heat, disabling targeted follicles and preventing future hair growth.
ChillTip Technology Benefits
With innovative ChillTip technology, this sophisticated system has:
- Enhanced safety by protecting the epidermis during treatment
- Increased comfort by continuously cooling the skin both before and throughout treatment
- Higher efficacy by rotating follicles closer to the surface, blanching blood vessels, and reducing competing chromophores.
Is There Any Recovery?
Treated areas may appear flushed or slightly pink, but this is normal and should subside within a day or so. As this controlled laser energy does not remove the skin surface, no downtime is required. This treatment can be safely performed on most skin types without major complications. During your consultation, Dr. Ashruf and our medical team will discuss any additional safety information that may apply to you.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
As body hair grows in three different stages, it may take multiple treatment sessions to effectively clear your skin. These options can be discussed with Dr. Ashruf and our medical team during your consultation, and a treatment plan will be created for you based on your aesthetic goals.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how laser hair removal with the LightSheer Desire can keep your skin silky and smooth for long-lasting results.